Although discipleship and sharing the gospel never happens the same way twice, having a base of truth that you can easily reference in your mind and pull from when you’re sharing can be very helpful. In this blog post we’ll walk through a sample “gospel framework.” This is not in any way meant to be a script. It is simply an example in case it’s helpful to reference as you continue growing in communicating the gospel.
When Jesus sent out His disciples to carry His message, He reminded us that the harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. So what was His strategy for mobilizing more workers? He told them to pray and ask the Lord of the harvest to send out more workers. Prayer is God’s plan for mobilizing missionaries. If we pray that He will send out more workers, He will.
How do you know the truth is sticking with your kids? Here are five ways you can make a greater impact in family discipleship to effectively impart truth that stays with your kids long after they have grown and left home.
Your goal is not to fix your family (as if they were a broken machine); they are a garden that needs to be routinely tended.
David Brenneman and his wife Tiffany began leading the children’s ministry at their church last year in Stuarts Draft, VA. Their vision is to equip their ministry leaders for effective children’s discipleship that will clearly communicate the depths of the gospel and result in real life change.
The number of children in foster care is skyrocketing. There are nearly 428,000 children in the United States who are currently in foster care. The reasons many of these kids are in care can vary widely, from their parents not having adequate heating to severe abuse. Recently, more children have been entering the system due to the rise in serious drug use.
David Brenneman and his wife Tiffany began leading the children’s ministry at their church last year in Stuarts Draft, VA. Their vision is to equip their ministry leaders for effective children’s discipleship that will clearly communicate the depths of the gospel and result in real-life change.
Watch this three-minute video clip to hear why kid's discipleship is so crucial today, and learn what you can do to make a difference.
Douglas Bond, author of more than twenty-five books, is Director for the Oxford Creative Writing Master Class, conference speaker, and leader of Church history tours in Europe. This month Douglas Bond interviewed Michael Morgan, director of Heroic Life Discipleship. You can check out the article at Douglas Bond's blog, or read the interview below.
Are you looking for ways to bring kid's ministry to your community? Hear how a family team has made an impact in their public elementary school through a Good News Club for the past ten years.
- How to Explain the Gospel to a 5-Year-Old
- 3 Ways to Give Kids a Heart for Missions
- 5 Ways to Make Family Discipleship Hands-On
- The Case for Messy Devotions
- Interview: Are You Equipped for Ministry?
- How to Reach an American Orphan
- Interview: Musings of an Effective Ministry Leader
- Video: Why We Do Kid’s Ministry
- Douglas Bond Interview with Michael Morgan: What Makes Heroic Life Discipleship Unique?
- Interview: Good News in a Public School
- How to Raise a Disciple-Maker | Part Two
- How to Raise a Disciple-Maker | Part One
- Be Faithful With One | Part Two
- Be Faithful With One | Part One
- The Power of Prayer in Ministry | Part Two
- The Power of Prayer in Ministry | Part One
- Imagine If | Part Two
- Imagine If | Part One
- The Source of Life
- The Forgotten Ones | Part Two
- The Forgotten Ones | Part One
- The Power of Story
- Effective Discipleship Tools | Part Two
- Effective Discipleship Tools | Part One
- Interview: Great Commission in a Small Town | Part Two
- Interview: Great Commission in a Small Town | Part One
- The Gospel Framework | Part Three
- The Gospel Framework | Part Two
- The Gospel Framework | Part One
- How to Prepare a Hero
- Meet the Team | Part Three
- Meet the Team | Part Two
- Meet the Team | Part One
- An Introduction
- Equipped for the Journey