A resource for Christ-centered discipleship!
Have you ever desired a discipleship resource that provides:
- A Biblically sound perspective on truth?
- A simple articulation of the Gospel that doesn’t diminish the fullness of its truth?
- A tool for Christ-Centered discipleship?
- An understandable and effective discipleship model that will help children mature in Christ?
Our goal as Heroic Life Discipleship is to provide high quality resources that facilitate discipleship, equip for ministry, and spread a passion for the gospel and glory of Jesus Christ.
Heroic Life has been an opportunity to give Jesus. It’s a ministry that teaches the simple truth of the gospel to children and believes that the Spirit of God will use it to change them. Kids can understand the gospel; there is no need to water it down. The lesson plans are simple, filled with the Word in text and in person, leading to the one great metropolis of the Scriptures: Jesus. God has used this to grow me in faithfully and joyfully teaching his Word to children of all ages. And I believe He will continue to use it for His glory.
Alex M. |Colorado
We’re excited to provide you with excellent and effective tools for teaching truth that go beyond just a “sinner’s prayer” and aid in bringing children to maturity in Christ.
We recognize that Scripture and its truth is for all followers of Christ, regardless of age: a gift to be cherished, understood, applied, and shared. Thusly, while we maintain the child-like simplicity of the gospel, the message of Christianity in the Heroic Life curriculum is not diluted.
Our curriculum is designed for children ages 5-12 and has also effectively been used with older and younger children. It is divided into eight semesters, with each semester containing fourteen lessons. Each lesson includes:
- A Bible story and discussion guide
- A small group application guide
- A story from Christian history or an overview of a country
- An activity
- A memory verse
- Suggested songs for a time of family worship
- Ideas for family groups
- Heroes at Home student workbook
The first semester of our curriculum covers foundational truths of Christianity, and the second through eighth semesters progress chronologically through Scripture from Genesis to Revelation.
We’re publishing the seventh and eighth semesters first because we think they make the best stand-alone “starter package,” giving a clear view of the goal of the gospel and maturity in a Christian’s life. We’ll publish the remainder of the semesters incrementally over the next few years.
Outline of the entire curriculum:
- Semester 1: Foundations – Explore the nature of God and why we can trust the Bible.
- Semester 2: The Source of Life – Learn God’s purpose for man as you study stories from creation through Jacob’s return to the Promised Land. (Genesis 1-33)
- Semester 3: Faithful Father – See God’s character revealed through stories of His interaction with His people, from Joseph to Moses’ disobedience at the rock of Horeb. (Genesis 34-Numbers 20)
- Semester 4: Trust and Triumph – Witness the victory that comes through faith in a powerful and loving God as you hear about the time from Joshua leading Israel into the Promised Land through the beginning of Samuel’s ministry. (Numbers 22-1 Samuel 7)
- Semester 5: The Rightful Ruler – See God as the one King to whom all must bow as you read stories from King Saul through King Solomon. (1 Samuel 8-1 Kings 12)
- Semester 6: Unstoppable God – Study the lives of the kings of Judah and Israel and the prophets, and learn how God’s purposes and plans cannot be stopped. (1-2 Kings, 1-2 Chronicles, the Prophets)
- Semester 7: Our Sure Salvation – Watch in excitement as the long expected Messiah comes to His people bringing hope and salvation. (The Gospels)
- Semester 8: The Exchanged Life – Learn of God’s plan for His church as you explore stories from Acts through Revelation.
Bible Story Guide
The core of our curriculum is the Word of God. The lesson begins with a story from Scripture, told accurately by the
teacher. Each teaching includes discussion questions for the kids which will lead them to make observations from the
Bible story and discover a conclusion point that is applicable today.
This guide designed for teachers to use in a small group setting continues the conversation of the Bible story: What is happening in this story? Why does it matter? How does it affect my life? Children will clearly understand how the lesson applies to their life.
Teachers are additionally provided with activities to illustrate the heart of each lesson. Through a hands-on, tactile approach, kids will be enabled to grasp the message of Scripture with greater clarity.
Introduce kids to real life heroes that inspire the pursuit of Jesus Christ. Ever heard of Jim Elliot, Gladys Aylward, or C.T. Studd? Your children need to hear their stories. These teachings provide unforgettable accounts of ordinary Christians following their extraordinary God.
Invite kids to step outside the limits of their own lives and explore what God is doing around the world. Heroic Life Discipleship provides global awareness and perspective, focusing on the needs and cultures of the persecuted church and unreached people groups along with ways that God is at work even in the hardest of places.
Debrief from the discipleship lesson in sibling groups. Ideas are included in the curriculum for leading discussion with children of all ages to help them re-cap and articulate what they learned. These times allow siblings to grow in unity as they reflect upon the lesson together and see what God is teaching their whole family.
Heroes at Home Workbook
Reinforce Heroic Life Discipleship lessons with these fun, engaging student workbooks. Each lesson in the curriculum has corresponding summaries, activities, and a guided Scripture study in the Heroes at Home booklets to use throughout the week. They can be completed by children on their own or enjoyed together as a family. These workbooks come in two levels: one for children approximately 4-7 years old and the other for children ages 8-13.